[SHR] Suspend / Resume speed

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Mon Feb 23 09:32:02 CET 2009

Hi!

I noticed that suspending / resuming on 2008.12 is quite fast compared
to SHR. The difference which is most noticeable is that SHR switches to
a virtual terminal before and right after suspending, as opposed to
2008.12 which resumes right into X. Is there a way to replicate this
behaviour on SHR? I suspect that we could save at least a second of
resume time, because printing and scrolling a few hundred lines of
kernel log in addition to the mode switches takes a bit of time.

Cheers,
	Florian

--
DI Florian Hackenberger