[FSO] Any luck with bluetooth headsets?

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:13:19 CET 2009

Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> writes:
> | Simon Kagstrom <simon.kagstrom at gmail.com> writes:
> |> From looking at the diagram, I think that would make sense at least. I
> |> haven't figured out how to affect these still from looking in the state
> |> file and in the driver though.
> |
> | I'm going to prepare a routing diagram with alsa control names printed
> | over it "real soon" (today/tomorrow), as i'm already familiar with the
> | driver code, so it's just work to be done.
>
> Matt and Candy here in Taipei are making a spreadsheet about this too,
> which goes into the detail of which bits and what options are possible
> for the controls.  We'll add it to the Wiki when it's done.

Hm, why didn't they wrote about their plans somewhere? To be able to
better unite our efforts instead of duplicating work?

Moreover, as i see it the diagram i prepared (i didn't want to do it,
but i saw the need and nobody's going to do it so i felt obliged) is
enough to explore every routing possibility, and really deep details
should be looked up in the datasheet anyway.

What would be cool is to understand how to write an ALSA ctl plugin to
present users with some simplified mixer where controls are more sane
and named appropriately to our hardware. I'm afraid spreadsheets don't
help here as one needs to read plenty of code anyway. I hope if Matt
and Candy are good with ALSA, then can at least take part in
discussing this idea to present any user-space app with a clean and
consistent (with our hw) mixer interface.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com