SHR first impression : it's slow ?

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:14:11 CET 2009

Hi folks,

I ruined my OM2008.12 yesterday, trying to put some bad libc6 for
mozilla-fennec.
So I told myself  "let's try this SHR everybody is talking about"

I have some problems with :
1. wifi : Wifi Mofi hangs when I run it
2. gps : GPS cannot fix
3. SHR Panels : some panels in 'Settings' hang when I click on them
(GSM/operators for example)
4. Everything is slow

For 1 to 3 I hope I will find a solution by investigating a bit more,
but these things worked 'as if' with OM2008.12 so I was a bit
disappointed... so many people write "SHR unstable is very stable", but
I find OM2008.12 to be far more stable...
Maybe something is wrong with my install, I don't know.

For 4 I would need your help, enlightenment eats lots of kernel time in
htop (cpu and memory are still ok), it was 15:00.00 the last time I
checked. I need 2-3 seconds to scroll on desktop, while in enlightement
settings panel (aka the wrench) it is fluid.

Does anybody have an idea for 4. ?

Best regards,
Xavier Cremaschi.