[SHR Unstable + Qi]: WSOD

Nacho Seijo lists.nacho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:22:16 CET 2009

2009/2/23 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com>

> | I have just flashed my freerunner with the latest SHR unstable images:
> |

> http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/images/om-gta02/shr-image-om-gta02.jffs2
> |

> http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/images/om-gta02/uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin
> | and the latest Qi:
> |

> http://people.openmoko.org/andy/qi-s3c2442-master-hist_1665e43677c005a8.udfu
> |
> | Once I booted it and it suspend for the first time, I get a WSOD.
> | This issue hadn't be solved in 2.6.28 kernels? Has this something to do
> | with Qi?
>
> Can you tell the result of
>
> cat /proc/version
>
> on that kernel?  "gta02-latest" is so opaque it could mean anything, but
> probably doesn't mean what it actually says.

root at om-gta02 ~ $ cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.28-rc4 (shr at opmbuild) (gcc version 4.1.2) #1 PREEMPT Sun
Feb 8 19:53:16 CET 2009

This is the result.

> WSOD actual problem belongs in the LCM, the kernel though is the main
> thing that will make it happen or not.  I guess Qi can impact it but
> it's not obvious how.

I have also tried  this other kernel:
http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/unstable/NeoFreerunner/uImage-2.6.28-oe1+gitr34240a1c06ae36180dee695aa25bbae869b2aa26-r3-om-gta02.bin
All this morning (in Spain) with the same results.
I have just changed the kernel to shr unstable latest, that I downloaded
yesterday. And I'm getting the same WSOD.
I will flash uboot this afternoon, to try if I also get the annoying WSOD
with it.