SHR first impression : it's slow ?

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Tue Feb 24 02:26:24 CET 2009

For those looking for the 'Advanced' settings:  Grab and drag the row
of icons at the top from right to left and you should find, altogether:
Display
Look
Screen
Input
Language
Settings
Extensions

AFAIK the arrows don't even work, when you tap the right-hand arrow you
are effectively clicking on the edge of the 'Input' icon.

BTW - the speed with which those icons scroll is how fast the main
Illume icons /should/ be able to be dragged, but with the Illume theme
as it currently stands (with FSO M5 and SHR at least) each 'desktop'
icon is adorned with multiple transparent PNG files layered to create
pretty buttons, and scrolling becomes dramatically slower than what you
are probably familiar with from the base ASU theme with 2008.x.

I (and surely others) am working on a leaner, faster theme - any
eye-candy that distinctly impacts the user experience should NOT be
default, and in this case we desperately need a simple and fast theme
as the default or the immediate impression users will get is: "Damn,
this is slow!"