SHR first impression : it's slow ?

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Tue Feb 24 12:32:09 CET 2009

Yorick Moko wrote:
>> I (and surely others) am working on a leaner, faster theme - any
>> eye-candy that distinctly impacts the user experience should NOT be
>> default, and in this case we desperately need a simple and fast theme
>> as the default or the immediate impression users will get is: "Damn,
>> this is slow!"
>>

> nice to hear that
> ugly and fast beats pretty and damn slow any day for me
> (pretty and fast would also be acceptable ;-))

Pretty and fast should be possible then.

There is no need for multiple layers of transparent icons. They can be
collapsed into one layer with a single transparent icon, looking
_exactly_ the same.

Effects when a icon is actually selected is another story, but that sort
of thing should not need to impact scrolling.

Helge Hafting