SHR first impression : it's slow ?

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Wed Feb 25 12:50:48 CET 2009

Fernando Martins wrote:
> Xavier Cremaschi wrote:
>> I cannot make it working. Hardware is ok since it worked with Om2008.8,
>> timezone/time is good, but no fix... 'telnet localhost 2947' always
>> output same 'empty' data.
>>

> Someone recently (2 weeks ago or so) posted some steps to solve this.
> Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it and I can't look for it right now.

Remove the file /etc/freesmartphone/persist/ogpsd.pickle
then, restart frameword or just reboot. (Restarting frameworkd sometimes
cause trouble with the phone side instead).

ogpsd.pickle is where gps information is saved in order to speed up the
next activation of the gps unit. It goes bad sometimes, particularly
after starting a newly flashed SHR unstable. If this file goes bad
enough, you wont get a fix - ever!

Deleting the file forces the gps to "cold start", which may take an
extra minute or two. But it works reliably. When you stop using the gps
unit, a new ogpsd.pickle file is created - this time with good data.

Helge Hafting