yaml rule to stop suspending when using gps

Klaus Kurzmann mok at mnet-online.de
Wed Feb 25 13:59:46 CET 2009

* Petr Vanek <vanous at penguin.cz> [090225 13:33]:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:03:56 +0100
> Johny Tenfinger <seba.dos1 at gmail.com> (JT) wrote:

> >On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:58, Petr Vanek <vanous at penguin.cz> wrote:
> >> what is the advantage of using org.shr.ophonekitd.Usage rather then
> >> org.freesmartphone.ousaged ? We loose fso - shr compability plus this
> >> week ophonekitd seems to crash a lot more often then usual...
> >
> >You shouldn't set resource policy to enabled or disabled manually -
> >what will happen, when another app will request that resource too?

> I don't know what would happen, but i think that any app can request a
> resource before another... especially in the case of display or cpu,
> or? (run navigation and then music player)

> mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage
> org.freesmartphone.Usage.SetResourcePolicy Display enabled
this sets the resource policy and is not what you should do.
org.freesmartphone.Usage.RequestResource is what you should use. And
because that requires to keep the program running that requested a
resource there is

> org.shr.ophonekitd.Usage /org/shr/ophonekitd/Usage
> org.shr.ophonekitd.Usage.RequestResource Display
which requests the resource until you release it. That way you can wrap
for example tangogps between a call to request display and a call to
release display...

> For example the above gives no problems to get the resource.

> but by simply running the bellow twice i get the ophonekitd to crash:

> mdbus -s org.shr.ophonekitd.Usage /org/shr/ophonekitd/Usage
> org.shr.ophonekitd.Usage.RequestResource Display
That is an error in ophonekitd then... will try to fix it.

mrmoku