GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Feb 26 08:33:53 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 02:03:13PM +0700, Sean McNeil wrote:
> Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > El día Wednesday, February 25, 2009 a las 06:36:31PM +0100, Yorick Moko escribió:
> >

> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen#Resistive
> >> vs
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen#Capacitive
> >>

> > Thanks;
> >
> > But: Do we really want a GTA03 which can't be managed with a stylus pen?
> > I can't imagine a 'Terminal' like keyboard (i.e. one having all keys
> > like the actual Om2008.9 'Terminal', including Shift, SHift-Lock, ...)
> > and using it with my finger tips; how should this work? Where this idea,
> > GTA03 with Capacitive, comes from? :-((
> >
> > 	matthias
> >

> What do you mean? You can get a stylus that works with capacitive touch
> screens:
>
> http://songtak.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008826112271/pdtl/PDA-styli/1006246576/Touch-Pen.htm

You call that a stylus????? Scroll a little further down the page for
some _real_ stylus examples. :)

That thing is HUGE and uneeded. If you need something just as big, then
you're ok with using the finger (unless you sweat a lot).

> Just about all phone manufacturers are going to capacitive screens as
> they virtually eliminate accidental touches in something like a purse or
> pocket.

They also eliminate precision.

> How a keyboard works with the iPhone is it expands a key on touch, lets
> you slide your finger if you missed the right one, then types in when
> you release.

Which is freakishy horrible in my experience.

Rui

--
Keep the Lasagna flying!
Today is Boomtime, the 57th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?