GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

Steve " 'dillo" Okay armadilo at roadknightlabs.com
Thu Feb 26 08:34:38 CET 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 08:01 , Shawn "Trash" Thompson wrote:

> Matthias Apitz wrote:
>>
>> El día Wednesday, February 25, 2009 a las 06:36:31PM +0100, Yorick
>> Moko escribió:
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen#Resistive vs http://
>>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen#Capacitive
>> Thanks; But: Do we really want a GTA03 which can't be managed with
>> a stylus pen? I can't imagine a 'Terminal' like keyboard (i.e. one
>> having all keys like the actual Om2008.9 'Terminal', including
>> Shift, SHift-Lock, ...) and using it with my finger tips; how
>> should this work? Where this idea, GTA03 with Capacitive, comes
>> from? :-(( matthias
> Ever used an iPhone? their screen is nice, responsive and the gui
> is designed where a stylus isn't needed. I actually was rather fond
> of the iPhone screen and was very unimpressed with the GTA02's
> touchscreen in comparison.

I have to agree here. Styli are more a hindrance than a help. I find
I'm always leaving my stylus or retracted pen somewhere and looking
for another.
A stylus wouldn't be such a problem if there was a place in the
device to store it.  General users haven't had to use a stylus in
years. The UI for most
phones has been either a keypad or finger for a while now.  If the
GTA03 is going to use a stylus, is it possible to have the shell
molded with a holder built-in ?

----Steve

----Steve