GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 26 08:46:54 CET 2009

Steve " 'dillo" Okay wrote:
> On Feb 26, 2009, at 08:01 , Shawn "Trash" Thompson wrote:
>
>> Matthias Apitz wrote:
>>> Thanks; But: Do we really want a GTA03 which can't be managed with
>>> a stylus pen? I can't imagine a 'Terminal' like keyboard (i.e. one
>>> having all keys like the actual Om2008.9 'Terminal', including
>>> Shift, SHift-Lock, ...) and using it with my finger tips; how
>>> should this work? Where this idea, GTA03 with Capacitive, comes
>>> from? :-(( matthias
>> Ever used an iPhone? their screen is nice, responsive and the gui
>> is designed where a stylus isn't needed. I actually was rather fond
>> of the iPhone screen and was very unimpressed with the GTA02's
>> touchscreen in comparison.
>
> I have to agree here. Styli are more a hindrance than a help. I find
> I'm always leaving my stylus or retracted pen somewhere and looking
> for another.
> A stylus wouldn't be such a problem if there was a place in the
> device to store it.  General users haven't had to use a stylus in
> years. The UI for most
> phones has been either a keypad or finger for a while now.  If the
> GTA03 is going to use a stylus, is it possible to have the shell
> molded with a holder built-in ?

Its fun using all sorts of things as a precision stylus for terminal
keyboard. Zipper of my jacket, plastic coffee stir thingy, etc. I'm even
thinking of mounting something on my gloves to use the device in winter
outside.

Next thing you know, geeks are going to manicure salons to get the nail
of their index finger 'styl(us)ed' (Body hack!)

I love the precision and freedom of touch objects, so for me no
capacitive touch screen please.