GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

Shawn "Trash" Thompson mokowatch at projektenterprises.com
Thu Feb 26 11:17:06 CET 2009

Pander wrote:
> Shawn "Trash" Thompson wrote:
>
>> Margo Koppelmann wrote:

>>> The difference between iphone and freerunner is that the software on
>>> iphone is specially designed and written for the iphone, but on
>>> freerunner you can run almost any linux software. How would you for
>>> example play Numpty Physics on a capacitive screen?

>> Point taken but my fat fingers work great on the iPhone and not so on
>> the FR. Also it often registers my drag on the FR as a click whereas the
>> Capacitive touchscreen of the iPhone and T-Mobile G1 easily distinguish
>> between clicks or drags.
>>
>> I found that the only semi-accurate method of input on my FR is the
>> stylus that is included, without it the phone is virtually useless to me
>> and with it a pain to use. I continue to use my samsung 409 flip-phone
>> because I can easily navigate and even using that annoying T9 input
>> method is still 100x faster than my FR with or without the stylus. I'm
>> glad to see the GTA03 going to capacitive, I might be able to make use
>> of the screen for once.
>>

> Proposition:
>
> GTA03T = touch screen
> GTA03C = capacitive screen

I could live with that, I prefer capacitive screens after having used
both kinds. I'd by the 03C assuming it has had the major issues of the
02 fixed before it launches.

Having payed the high price and not been able to use it as a daily phone
for more than a few days at a time since purchase I'm about ready to put
it back up for sale if improvements don't really keep rolling forward soon.