Monologue - very simple dictation assistant

matthias matthiasfelsche at web.de
Thu Feb 26 11:30:45 CET 2009

Hello,
isn't it all like leibniz, newton and the differential calculus? ;-)
I'd really love to have all these ideas merged into one application.
@ TImo: I am really envious about your voice-detection-recording and
love to combine ot with my GUI.

It would not be a problem to implement all of these things adored in
what has been written so far:
- GPS-Coords - saved as textfile related to the recorded wav-files or as
vorbis-comment in the headers of an ogg-vorbis-file (implement real-time
ogg-encoding is what I'm working on at the moment, fruitless up to now
but still trying! Speex-encoding would be much more adequate, but I
didn't get it managed to use with python. Any help/hints/efforts?)
- Switch GPS/gpsd on and off via GUI-button
- Switch from only recording-when-speaking-mode(what about porting
monologue to python or write a python-extension?) to manual-pause-mode
- do all these settings as well via command-line-options

I mean a dictaphone can do all these things as a sideline and we got all
the comfort and functionality, you need for georeffered recording or for
interviewing or for noting thoughts about your memoires or something. :)

It's just about time and a little help, I think.
I'll spend all the time I can grab on this now!

Matthias