illume keyboard - only navigate buttons

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Thu Feb 26 13:01:16 CET 2009

Leonti Bielski wrote:
> Some time ago on scap.linuxtogo.org I've seen illume keyboard only
> with navigate buttons - right, left, up, down and some others.
>
> I would like to use it for navigation in browsers - right know I use
> terminal keyboard to navigate through web-page in links-x11.
> Does anyone know where I can find it?

A custom keyboard isn't that difficult to make.
An illume keyboard is just a textual list of keys:
Coordinates for where the key is, how big it is, what function (letter
or cursor key) it performs. So you can copy the terminal keyboard file,

/usr/lib/enlightenment/modules/illume/keyboards/Terminal.kbd

Then you simply delete the keys you don't need from the copy.
Finally, make the remaining keys bigger by adjusting their
coordinates.

To use your new keyboard, save the new file as:
/usr/lib/enlightenment/modules/illume/keyboards/Navigation.kbd
Bring up the illume keyboard, press the little qwerty icon
in the upper right corner, and select your special keyboard
from the list. It will be there if you saved the file to the correct folder.

Helge Hafting