GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Feb 26 18:45:10 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 08:34:38AM +0100, Steve  'dillo Okay wrote:
> I have to agree here. Styli are more a hindrance than a help. I find
> I'm always leaving my stylus or retracted pen somewhere and looking
> for another.

However the following are what makes a resistive screen clearly better,
for me and my usage:

FEATURE	             CAPACITIVE	              RESISTIVE
CAN use stylus          NO(1)                   YES
CAN use finger          YES                     YES
Stylus is OPTIONAL      N/A(1)                  YES
Has PRECISION		NO			YES

Notes:
 (1) that "stylus" that circulates around is more a plastic
     finger than a stylus

For my usage, it's a clear win for the resistive screen.

ATTENTION: I do write text messages in english or portuguese with
Rasterman's keyboard with a custom keyset and portuguese dictionary.
I find it great, quick, and am able to type while walking, the stylus
problem is NOT for writing natural language texts, only for
terminal-like appliccations and precision requirements.

Rui

--
Wibble.
Today is Boomtime, the 57th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?