GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 27 13:46:06 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 13:35 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Friday, February 27, 2009 a las 01:15:01PM +0100, Friedrich Clausen escribió:

> > > Right.

> Ok, as I think that we have now exchanged enough good arguments to stay with
> resistive in GTA03 and I have not seen any strong argument to move to
> capacitive screen, IMHO Openmoko should consider our opinion and come up
> with a clear statement about and some explanation why they want us move
> to a screen where we will loose precision, at least, if such a decision was
> really taken.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> 	matthias

Around the time the FR was released, some preliminary discussions were
made on the list about the gta03.  It was to be a perhaps lower specced
device in some areas, but add camera and perhaps a lower res screen -
was to be a mass item rather than aimed at the technologically literate.

I can see the reasons for this ($'s in the door), but theres no reason
the gta04 wont be more like what we want.  Even if its still got a
640x480 screen, I wont be buying a gta03 unless it BOTH is an advance on
the FR (which means it stays with a resistive screen), and I can
actually see and test its working. (once bitten, twice ...)

BillK