vmware on mobile devices

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Feb 27 20:15:15 CET 2009

> 2009/2/27 Yorick Moko <yorickmoko at gmail.com>
>
>> to those interested:
>> vmware on a nokia: windows mobile and android
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNo6pn-dnSQ
>> Windows CE 5.0 en 6.0, Linux 2.6.x, Symbian 9.x, eCos, µITRON NORTi en
>> µC/OS-II are supported

> If it's not a joke every phone capable of running that vmware will become
> quite free phone :)
>
>    Nicola
how would you access the GSM part with vmware?
and won't it do the contrary?
prevent people from porting GNU/Linux on phones because they simply have
it with vmware
moreover is vmware for phones proprietary?
(I didn't look into it and so I didn't understood if vmware for desktops
was still proprietary or not and to what extend)