GUI responsiveness testcase?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Sat Feb 28 13:59:50 CET 2009

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:43:34 +0200 Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi>
said:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster at rasterman.com> writes:
> > actually nothing floating point here at all. all integer. evas actually
> > scales quite fast. considering its scaling everything on the fly... with
> > interpolation and/or supersampling. it has no code to cache such work (yet).
>
> Hmm, could we come up with a GUI responsiveness test program so that
> people could objectively discuss this? I'd like to compare the three X
> server options we have against each other.

if you are talking x - there is not a lot that will change it. hardware limits
write throughput to the fb. updating a whole screen takes about 85ms. thats a
hardware limit (last time i measured it it was about this).

if you want a speed test - expedite exists. it simply measures rendering
performance with many paths.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com