External battery charger

Ian Stephen ian at tradeswest.ca
Thu Jan 1 03:16:18 CET 2009

Quoting Jan Henkins <jan at henkins.za.net>:

> Hello all,
>
> Hope somebody can help:
>
> I perpetrated the "cardinal sin" to let my FR battery run completely
> empty,
<snip>
> In the meantime, is there any (non-destructive) way to coax the FR into
> life with the flat battery, so that I can charge it?

What I've done is boot the Freerunner with the spare battery, plug in the wall
charger that came with the Freerunner (or force 500 mA charge on a suitable USB
charger supply) then remove the spare battery and put in the FIC battery.  The
Freerunner will run without battery when the wall charger is plugged in and
will charge the FIC battery once it is inserted.

IanS