[Om2008.9] Spanish Illume keyboard (was: Call for Illume keyboards and keyboard icons)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Jan 1 11:29:14 CET 2009

Hello,

I've followed the hints in
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Illume#List_of_illume_keyboards
and have created a new keyboard file Spanish.kbd as this:
http://www.sisis.de/~guru/OMkbd/Spanish.kbd
and have some minor problems, maybe only some misunderstanding of the
keyboard file syntax/rules;

to make life easy on keying in the Spanish tilde chars (without
requesting for every char with a tilde to press an additional modifier
key) I've just created a new row of keys as you can see here:

http://www.sisis.de/~guru/OMkbd/Screenshot-20.png

having the keys for: ¡ á é í ñ ó ú ü ¡
the problem is that with the new (bigger) definition of the keyboard size of

kbd 450 180

the last row of keys (ctrl alt space ....) becomes half invisible and
unusable; I have had to use 'kbd 450 190' to get the full working
keyboard on the screen, like you see it here:

http://www.sisis.de/~guru/OMkbd/Screenshot-21.png

why is this?

so far so good; the small keys are working fine as you see in the
screen; I launched the composer of a SMS and typed in from left to right
the keys of the 1st row; see Screenshot-21.png;

Then I tested them together with CAPS-LOCK, the image switched fine
on pressing CAPS-LOCK and is showing the capital chars, see here:

http://www.sisis.de/~guru/OMkbd/Screenshot-22.png

but keying in the chars, three times and always from left to right, give
random(!) results and you may see in the 2nd line of the SMS; what is
the reason of this?

Thanks in advance

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH

SPAMer of the year: Subject: Alle Software ist Deutsche Sprachen