Cellphone sizes

Ben Wilson ben at abcom.co.nz
Thu Jan 1 12:57:00 CET 2009

Sean's comment that 3G modules are currently "too big" has got me
thinking about cellphone sizes.

Maybe it's just me but I don't really see the fascination with keeping
phones small.
I would be happy with a phone larger than GTA01/02. Something a bit
smaller than a Sony PSP.
Really the only size constraint i have is the size of my pockets, which
are quite big :)

A PSP-like sized phone would relax the size constraints that were
present in gta01/02 development and allow a wider range of chipsets to
be considered.
There would be room for some of the wish-list items such as an external
flash slot, empty internal space for add-ons, fully powered usb port, IR
remote control port,  external analog and digital IO, much bigger
battery, few more button/wheels and of course maybe a 3G module.
It would also allow for a bigger screen which I think helps any
touchscreen phone.

However I guess a phone that size might not appeal to everybody?

Ben.