[2008.12] BeautifulSoup and Python... how?

Francesco de Virgilio fradeve11 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 03:23:40 CET 2009

Hi all,
I'm writing a little python script and I need to use BeautifulSoup[1].
So, I've copied the BeautifulSoup.py file on my OM 2008.12 and, after
opening a Python console, that's what the terminal prints to me:

>>> from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulStoneSoup
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "BeautifulSoup.py", line 51, in <module>
    from sgmllib import SGMLParser, SGMLParseError
ImportError: No module named sgmllib

I remember that in my 2008.09 it worked... why? Is there any way to
satisfy dependencies or - extreme solution - a workaround to have
BeautifulSoup functionalities in Python without importing it?

Regards

[1] http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/
--
Francesco de Virgilio
*Ubuntu-it Member and Wiki Editor*
   mailto:fradeve at ubuntu-it.org
   http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/FrancescoDeVirgilio
*Wikimedia Italia Member*
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fradeve11
*OpenStreetMap Mapper*
   http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Fradeve11
*Blog*
   http://fradeve.netsons.org
		"Love - Peace - Freedom - Free Software"