(FSO) No Zhone, no phone

qhaz qhaz at bur.st
Sat Jan 3 10:15:52 CET 2009

Paul-8 wrote:

> For some reason there is no phone-package installed on my FR after I
> flashed  FSO milestone 4 on it.
> Also, the number of applications on it is rather limited. (Hittop,
> terminal and Numpty).
>
> I'm not sure what's happening with all this, maybe it's trying my
> patience...
>
> Paul
>
> --
> There are two enormous powers operating in the world
> and one of them is fear. It is the greatest power of all,
> save one, and that is faith or believing.
> -Dr. Smiley Blanton
>
> http://www.nlpagan.net
> Running on Mandriva Linux 2009 and Ubuntu 8.10

G'day again Paul!

What you need to do is install zhone

opkg install zhone

Just another suggestion . . . if you decide to install a terminal (first
priority of course!)

opkg install vala-terminal

Then you'll find that you get an error when trying to start it, right?
Then edit /usr/share/applications/vala-terminal.desktop
change the exec and icon lines from openmoko-terminal2 to vala-terminal

bingo

regards