A simple wifi solution for FSO ...

lollisoft lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Sat Jan 3 18:20:22 CET 2009

Hi,

I had played around with wifi and tried to get some desktop symbols.
Here is my solution, that in my case works due to unencrypted wifi.

I have tested the scripts on my FSO 'more homework' (4.1) with
suspending the phone to see if wifi keeps working after wakeup.

Maybe there are 'better' GUI solutions, but for me it's good :-)

I think where could also used some python scripts to list scanned essid to
select from.
Also there could be developed some generic dialogs that doesn't rely on any
specific distribution.
But I am much away from writing python scripts :-)

Lothar

Shellscripts in /home/root yet (to be moved and desktop files tweaked):

wlan.sh to activate wifi and deactivate usb0 to simpify routing

#!/bin/sh
# Replace openmoko with your essid

iwconfig eth0 essid "openmoko" && ifup eth0 && ifdown usb0

wlan-off.sh to revert back to usb0

#!/bin/sh

ifup usb0 && ifdown eth0

Desktop files for each: