[2008.testing] GPS after resume

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 00:30:53 CET 2009

2009/1/3 "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at 3v1n0.net>:
> Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
>> Having installed navit on my GTA02v5, it seems that it loses GPS after
>> resuming. I haven't finished playing around to see if this is a GPS
>> problem or a navit problem, but while I do, has anyone else noticed?
>> Found a solution?
>
> I figure that this should be controlled by the kernel side. Simply the
> GPS chip is turned off and then on on suspend/resume. That's why on
> resuming it's like you've done a cold reset.

i was thinking about this the other day. the gps has it's own
processor, correct, and can act independently of the cpu? i'm
wondering if it's possible for the gps to keep it's fix while the main
cpu is in suspend. power usage will be higher than a full suspend, but
the phone will have a fix as soon as it resumes. is there any reason
why this can't happen?

cheers