(OM2008.12) Blackness

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Sun Jan 4 21:45:34 CET 2009

> When you say it boots, do you mean it got all the way to an X desktop?

Aye, it does get there.

> It sounds like you might be experiencing a crash when suspending or
> resuming, and auto-suspend is switched on.  You can disable this in
> Settings.  I used to have problems like yours (almost every time I
> enabled automatic suspend, I would get resume problems), but now they
> seem to have settled down a bit.

That does describe it. I had that problem, indeed. Managed to get into
the settings and disable suspend. It looks okay now, so far. Thanks!!

Paul

--
Better than a thousand days of diligent study
is one day with a great teacher.

http://www.nlpagan.net
Running on Mandriva Linux 2009 and Ubuntu 8.10