Database applications practical on mobile device ?

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 15:11:13 CET 2009

Hi Lother,

I'm part of a small team currently working on database applications
for the FreeRunner. We would be extremely interested in your work.

The most attractive solution we've seen so far is GNU Enterprise
Tools, although I have had little luck making this work on the phone.
We would prefer to use a GUI generated with wxPython, but my brief
attempts to get it running on Openmoko failed. I decided to try a GTK
interface, but was unable to satisfy GNUE's requirement of Egenix
DateTime.

We plan to run Sqlite on the phone with data entered via whatever
interface we can make work best. We will be synchronising this on
phone database with a postgesql database in our data centre using a
version of SqlSync we're currently working on.

We would be very interested in evaluating / contributing to your application.

Best regards,

Joseph