Database applications practical on mobile device ?

lollisoft lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Mon Jan 5 15:32:39 CET 2009

I am glad to read this :-)

My project is far away from being comparable with GNU enterprise.
But it will do basic things for database applications.

I will describe a bit more what the project is capable:

First, I think about how a developer could do application development.
Therefore I found, that UML is a good starting point to model a basic
ER like database design. But it is more a class design, because while
start designing, I also be capable to specify more than 'tables' and it's
relations. I also capable of specifying what relation also has a button on
the screen to jump to (based on the relation).

That way I could define simple actions like the master detail forms or
detail
master forms.

If the UML model (first design step) is ready to try, just export as XMI 1.4
and
do import into my application. Then restart and test the application (it has
also
created a database schema as of postgresql or sqlite).

So you could test the application with it's fields and discuss about
probably missing
fields or some other physical data related issues (type of field,...).

If that step is done, you have the following choices:

Export to XML and use XSLT to translate the model to whatever you want (eg.
Python).

I plan a commercial module that does the step at once and other features.
(My code is LGPL licensed)

Lothar