[2008.testing] GPS after resume

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 23:15:00 CET 2009

Hi,

"Jeffrey Ratcliffe" <jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com> writes:
> 2009/1/5 Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>:
>> Yes, and I think ogpsd is supposed to do this. Almanac and ephemeris is saved
>> when preparing for suspend, and loaded on resume, along with current time. If
>> things haven't changed too much while suspend then resume should be faster
>> than from cold.
>
> Is this only available in FSO? i.e. not 2008.12?

It's implemented partially in FSO for a long time. Every time the GPS
is turned off, the important data is saved to the file and loaded
after turning on the next time. The problem is that sometimes loading
ephemeris really hurts time-to-fix. That's why this code is commented
out in FSO.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or _experience_with_loading_
ephemeris_, please contribute to
http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/261 (especially, if you're not
using FSO, as it might help to find why FSO implementation doesn't
work as expected).

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com