USB connector broken, cannot charge or boot

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Jan 7 16:22:25 CET 2009

El día Wednesday, January 07, 2009 a las 04:14:07PM +0100, Pander escribió:

> When I 'wiggle' the connector the speaker cracks and the red LED blinks
> 2 times or 3 times of 4 times and that is that. I'll leave it again for
> a few hours. Really annoying that it won't boot with empty battery or
> without a battery :(
>
> Yesterday I also had a really bad connection with external USB keyboard.
>  I thought it was the interndiate USB B - USB A converter but now I
> think it is really the Freerunner...

What you say brings me to question I have already for weeks:

When I plug-in the USB connector into the FR the black part of the USB
connector does not reach the cover of the FR, there is a small distance
of about 1.5mm, and one can move the connector a bit in the direction to
the suspend button or external antenna connector... is that normal?

I don't remember if that was already from the beginning, or not;
I think this is at least a weak point and could cause damage to the
electric part of the connector;

Thx

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH

SPAMer of the year: Subject: Alle Software ist Deutsche Sprachen