Car Charger?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 8 02:52:54 CET 2009

Try forcing it to 500ma using one of the battery.py scripts on the wiki.
I used a car charger yesterday (650ma) that didnt even show as plugged
in until I forced it to 500ma and then it was fine.  However, its
useless for jump starting/trickle charging as the phone must be up to
turn it on - as I found out when the battery drained ... :(

BillK

 On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 14:40 +0000, Vasco Névoa wrote:
> Well... not exactly.
> I bought a "Trust" car lighter adapter (5V/1A) with its own cable, and
> it doesn't charge the freerunner.
>
> After reading all this, I think it must be the cable. I'm going to try
> with a standard cable instead of the supplied one.
> The supplied cable is very handy, it has all kinds of optional plugs
> for many kinds of phone and gadget; because of this, it has only power
> lines going through it, and no data lines at all (it's got a small
> plug with only 2 contacts where the other adapter plugs connect).
>
> I'll let you know...
>
> Citando Gothnet <openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net>:
>

> > Thanks for all the answers guys, looks like I can grab any old USB charger,
> > 5V/2A being preferable.
> >
> > And a GPS style wndscreen mount would be useful. I'm sure I can find
> > something though.
> > --
Home in Perth!