Has anyone tried Qi?

Tarandeep Gill taran.iota at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 08:45:14 CET 2009

Hi,

I have a SMDK6410 board. I have successfully compiled  dfu-util, Qi,
and Openmoko kernel on my Ubuntu machine.

The SMDK6410 is just as I got it from the company, I haven't modified
its firmware. I have connected it to my computer with a  USB cable,
that goes into the OTG USB host port on the board (This is how the
Windows DNW utility transfers a Win CE image to the board).

So, when I use dfu-util to try to burn the Qi image into it, I get the
following error:

root at CONECTech-desktop# ./dfu-util -a u-boot -R
-D../qi/image/qi-s3c6410-master_84e38630c7135c1f.udfu
dfu-util - (C) 2007-2008 by OpenMoko Inc.
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

No DFU capable USB device found

Can you please tell me how to transfer the boot loader and the kernel
to the NAND?

I also have an Olimex OCD (that connects to the JTAG interface on the
board) , if it is needed anyway.

Thanks,

Tarandeep