stupid networking question

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Thu Jan 8 12:09:18 CET 2009

arne anka wrote:

> networkmanager used to ignore interfaces listed in /etc/network/interfaces
> (and does this still on my debian/unstable box), so putting the wiki's
> stanza for usb0
> auto usb0
>
> might be worth a try.

That sounds like a good idea, thanks for the hint. My eee and other machines
all run debian and NM does the same. I think it's geared to usage situations
(like in 90% of cases) where only one network connection is required at a
time, and if a wired interface comes up you probably want to use it in
preference to wireless.... most of the time.

One of my quarrels with NM is that it's difficult to figure out how to stop
it autoconnecting to, say, the neighbours open wireless that you used for a
couple of days before your own ADSL was installed....