the powere button is non-responsive

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 05:15:22 CET 2009

2009/1/9 Harry L. Lee <harry at jonesnose.com>:
> now it is spinning through some bootish looking text ad infinitum. i don't
> believe i let it discharge, unlless the power from a plugged in eeepc is
> insufficient

no, that should be enough

. it's pretty much either been plugged into the eeepc or the
> charger. this is unacceptable. I bought this beast in anticipation of
> building an appliance to assist the handicapped. so far, i am markedly
> unimpressed and feeling i wasted $400. ( more after i buy a winmobile device

why, what's wrong?

the link i sent about battery problems says the charging problems have
been sorted, but maybe is not in stable yet. there are lots of
bug-fixes coming, if you want them now, untested, install 2008.12 and
get the testing branch, with the 2.6.28 kernel

> to replace it. with all of M$ problems, winmobile devices pretty much seem
> to function as expected.

haha

try getting low-level access to the hardware in a winmobile device,
like you can with the neo. try getting an engineer to tell you how
such-and-such works, so you can programme round it

oh, and to answer your other mail - angstrom is a linux distro, which
om is based on