Dying battery

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 9 12:21:47 CET 2009

The workaround is imperfect apparently.  I also dont think 2008.8/9/12
has it as I only saw framework based distros doing it.

Perhaps someone could confirm that 2008.12 has the workaround - or not?

Also, events/0 runaway can cause a battery to drain very quickly.  I am
also suspecting gsm of excessive current after being used and turned off
in 2008.12.

BillK

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 21:27 -0500, Brock wrote:
> On 2009.01.06.19.31, The Digital Pioneer wrote:
> | OK, I just don't get how this can be... Why is it that I can have my phone
> | in my pocket all day, I don't touch it, and when I check it, it has 3/4 of
> | the battery monitor still; and then an hour later it's dead? Can someone
> | explain this to me please? It's completely illogical to me.
>
> Perhaps this is the Bouncing Calypso bug, in which the GSM registers and
> unregisters a whole lotta times.
>
>   http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1024
>
> It appears that most or all distributions have a work-around? You didn't
> mention what flavor you're running...
>
> --Brock

Home in Perth!