so i try manually starting the x server with:

Harry L. Lee harry at jonesnose.com
Fri Jan 9 16:52:57 CET 2009

i actually read that before you linked it. i can't get to the menu where you
can flash. if i could, i would, long since have flashed. thus my desire for
a small program or the dbg command to get to that menu. i've tried holding
power and using my desk to press aux to no effect

harry at jonesnose.com
Harry L Lee (via gmail)
chief cook and bottle washer
http://jonesnose.com