[omview] images not diplayed

Hendrik Siedelmann hendrik.siedelmann at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 9 19:27:27 CET 2009

2008/12/24 Marc Bantle <openmoko at rcie.de>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running omview r32 on om-testing and
> trying to display some JPG pictures taken with
> a canon digicam in 2592x1944 resolution.
>
> The images are not displayed, only their names.
>
> Thumbnails  are produced on startup as png-files.
>
> Here's the console output:
> root at om-gta02:~# omview --ewl-evas-xrender-x11 --ewl-theme ewl_om
> connect(): No such file or directory
> connect(): No such file or directory
> connect(): No such file or directory
> connect(): No such file or directory
> connect(): No such file or directory
> Failed to connect to server
> mouse down 253x187
> mouse down 130x331
> exec 0 action
> mouse down 267x253
> mouse down 247x514
> mouse down 244x167
> mouse down 273x68
> mouse down 154x243
>
> What's that server, the connection to which fails?

the "Failed to connect to server" message means omview can't connect
to epsilon_thumbd which it tries to start but is seems it doesn't find
it.
Can you start the epsilon_thumbd program by hand and launch omview afterwards?
It should be in the libepsilon_tests package (it's a dependency of the
ipk from projects.openmoko.org/community repository).
And from where is the package of omview you use?
It's a bit late, I hope omview wasn't broken the whole time with the
om-image ...

hendrik