On the Enlightenment Bleeding Edge

The Digital Pioneer digitalpioneer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 22:18:27 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Helge Hafting <helge.hafting at hist.no> wrote:

> Thanks for working on this.
> I tried this new enlightenment on top of SHR.
> It looks good and starts quickly, but unfortunately I can't use it.
>
> Problems:
> * None of the SHR phone apps works. Dialer, Contacts, Messages all fail
>   with segmentation faults now. So I have to revert, because I need
>   the phone.
>
> * quite a few apps show with blank icons. No big deal because the
>   name is still there. Probably just some path problem - that I could
>   fix myself if it weren't for the phone-app problems.
>
> Rebooting the phone didn't change anything. I'll revert for now.

I'm having exactly the same issues. :( I notice, however, that the phone
apps work from SSH. Just not from GUI. Anyone know how to revert the icons,
and/or have any idea why the phone apps segfault when launched from GUI now?
For me, the segfaulting apps are Alarm, Dialer, Contacts, and Messages. All
4 can be run from SSH without a problem.

--
Thanks,

The Digital Pioneer