[omview] images not diplayed

Marc Bantle openmoko at rcie.de
Fri Jan 9 23:24:46 CET 2009

Hendrik Siedelmann schrieb:
> 2008/12/24 Marc Bantle <openmoko at rcie.de>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm running omview r32 on om-testing and
>> trying to display some JPG pictures taken with
>> a canon digicam in 2592x1944 resolution.
>>
>> The images are not displayed, only their names.
>>
>> Thumbnails  are produced on startup as png-files.
>>
>> Here's the console output:
>> root at om-gta02:~# omview --ewl-evas-xrender-x11 --ewl-theme ewl_om
>> connect(): No such file or directory
>> connect(): No such file or directory
>> connect(): No such file or directory
>> connect(): No such file or directory
>> connect(): No such file or directory
>> Failed to connect to server
>> mouse down 253x187
>> mouse down 130x331
>> exec 0 action
>> mouse down 267x253
>> mouse down 247x514
>> mouse down 244x167
>> mouse down 273x68
>> mouse down 154x243
>>
>> What's that server, the connection to which fails?
>>

> the "Failed to connect to server" message means omview can't connect
> to epsilon_thumbd which it tries to start but is seems it doesn't find
> it.
> Can you start the epsilon_thumbd program by hand and launch omview afterwards?
> It should be in the libepsilon_tests package (it's a dependency of the
> ipk from projects.openmoko.org/community repository).
> And from where is the package of omview you use?
> It's a bit late, I hope omview wasn't broken the whole time with the
> om-image ...

funny thing is, that on entering a directory
with jpegs in it, epsilon_thumbd starts running
for a while to produce directories

/home/root/.thumbnails/large
/home/root/.thumbnails/large/fdabaf16c06518d68570b5cec0c426a2.png
/home/root/.thumbnails/large/e34b63242d2ebf14fa7a631021d22506.png
/home/root/.thumbnails/normal
/home/root/.thumbnails/fail
/home/root/.thumbnails/fail/epsilon

with .a bunch of valid png-thumbnails in
.thumbnails/large, 256x192pixels each.

omview just doesn't show them afterwards.

Cheers, Marc