[2008.12] problem flashing u-boot

Peter Nijs peter at familienijs.be
Sat Jan 10 15:33:06 CET 2009

I also have a similar problem and an easy workaround.

I have the next files in the next folders:
flash/
flash/dfu-util
flash/2008.9/
flash/2008.9/uImage.bin
flash/2008.9/rootfs.jffs2
flash/2008.12/uImage.bin
flash/2008.12/rootfs.jffs2
flash/qtextended/.....

When I do:
# cd flash
# ./dfu-util -a kernel -R -D 2008.12/uImage.bin

I also get No such Alternate Setting: "kernel", but when I do this:

# cd 2008.12
# ../dfu-util -a kernel -R -D uImage.bin

it just works. For me this is true for -a kernel and -a rootfs. I haven't
tried uboot the "wrong" way.

depeje