python-elementary missing (also concerning opkg.org)

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sun Jan 11 08:34:46 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Johny Tenfinger <seba.dos1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 11:02, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
>> I tried to look for it in the repositories and this is the only place
>> I was able to find it:
>> http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-testing/ipk/armv4t/ - in the SHR
>> repositories..
>
> Download it from shr-unstable - in shr-testing is old version, which is buggy.

I've now triead shr-unstable and shr-testing and I get:

root at om-gta02:/etc/opkg# DISPLAY=:0 osmupdater.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/osmupdater.py", line 2, in <module>
    import elementary, os,time, sys
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elementary/__init__.py", line
2, in <module>
    import c_elementary
ImportError: /usr/lib/libelementary.so.0: undefined symbol:
ecore_evas_object_associate_get
root at om-gta02:/etc/opkg#

It's nice to find programs that _almost_ work but it's a bother to try
to find out why doesnt' it work..

And I agree that OPKG.org should have a 'distro' flag and also the
licences should be visible, as well as the source codes.