[ogsmd] Out-of-spec GSM number - who should I report to?

Daniel Willmann daniel at openmoko.org
Mon Jan 12 12:46:34 CET 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:28:09 +0100
gt at ergoarte.ch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am seeing this error:
> Jan  7 09:08:52 debian-gta02 2009.01.07 09:08:52 ogsmd    WARNING
> Out-of-spec GSM number type seen: 160. Please report.

This is binary b10100000 which means according to GSM 03.40, page 35
type-of-number: National Number, numbering-plan-identification: Unknown

It's definitely not out of spec and probably not even that unusual.

The phonebookTupleToNumber function in gsm/const.py doesn't seem to be
very smart. I started working on some functions for GSM addresses in
the PDUAddress class in gsm/sms.py. In any case this shouldn't have any
impact on functionality since it just prints out the warning.

> I would like to report this, but where? What extra information would
> be of interest?

All FSO related bugs should go to http://trac.freesmartphone.org/
I experienced the same "hangs" that you mentioned recently. I'm unable
to answer the phone and the phone will keep ringing forever.
Please try to reproduce the problem with log_level set to DEBUG in
[ogsmd] and post your log.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann