Conflict when several apps use the accelerometers?

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Jan 12 13:04:58 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:42:37AM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:
> Is it possible to let several apps use the accelerometers, similiar to
> how several apps may share the gps unit?
>
> I noticed that omnewrotate seems to monopolize the accelerometers,
> so openmoocow and duke can't use them.  Omnewrotate is
> useful to have, and there will probably be more games using the
> accelerometers.

Hi,

omnewrotate is quite blind to what is running.

If you have an application which uses accelerometers you are much better
off not running omnewrotate at the same time, regardless of solving the
monopolization problem.

Imagine it is solved:
	If the application uses the accelerometers then you may have some
	problems when you hit a position where it thinks it should
	rotate the screen. I can imagine how this would be a problem
	with Pingus, for instance.

I plan to have a toggling script for use in the desktop icon, instead of
a starter script.

Rui

--
Or not.
Today is Boomtime, the 12th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?