turning wifi off

Michał Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Mon Jan 12 22:57:07 CET 2009

Hello,

I think this applies to all distros.  It's still a big mistery for me
how to turn off wifi after you used it so it doesn't drain power.  Or
even better turn it off when the phone is suspended and then turn it on
again.  I tried 'iwconfig eth0 essid none', 'ifconfig eth0 down', but
the phone is still draining a lot of power and the wifi icon is still on
in Om2008.12.  I'm looking for a command line solution, but if there's a
great app that manages the wifi and turns it off correctly I'd be happy
to use it.

Thanks,
Michal