On the Enlightenment Bleeding Edge

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 06:54:32 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 9:02 PM, The Digital Pioneer
<digitalpioneer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if you are factoring this into your considerations or not, but
> all the apps that segfault when launched from GUI do NOT segfault when run
> from SSH. They all work just fine. Moreover, if the alarm clock app (which
> segfaults from GUI) is run because the alarm is going off, it works fine.
> However, these apps do still segfault after running from a GUI terminal (I
> use vala-terminal) on the phone. The alarm segfaults immediately after the
> debug output stating that it is starting elementary (or something to that
> effect, all I remember is that it crashes right after mentioning
> elementary).

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is probably getting set, or changed, after the GUI
is run but is properly set for terminal sessions. Try writing a script
that sets the proper environment and then run the apps from the GUI
using that script. If it works then you need to find where in the GUI
setup the environment is getting changed.

Angus

--
Angus Ainslie
http://www.handheldshell.com/