Illume finger scrolling probs

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Thu Jan 15 06:28:18 CET 2009

all distros I've tested.  (2008.x, FSO, SHR)

Selecting the Illume (or Illume-SHR, or my in-development 'Serenity' based
off Illume) theme instead of ASU causes finger scrolling to be almost
unbearably slow.   WHY?

Also, a bug:  I usually have icon size set to 'very large' for the
launcher, (which makes this problem far more apparent) and have noticed
that if I try to finger-scroll too close to the bottom and hit an icon
whose icon image is not fully on-screen, it will ALWAYS select and launch
instead of scroll.  If the image is fully on-screen but the icon text is
off-screen, it will scroll, as it will 'grabbing' any icon that is fully
visible.  This is becoming a significant frustration for me as I constantly
launch unwanted programs with my thumb trying to scroll.

Joel Newkirk
http://jthinks.com      (blog)
http://newkirk.us/om (FR stuff)