handwriting recognition. was:Re: Dual touch display

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 16:37:09 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 16:22, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
> there's rosetta
>> http://www.handhelds.org/project/rosetta/
> and i managed to compile it and install on my debian/fso.
> but so far i had not much time to test it (wasn't that convincing the
> first tries), and anyway it seems pretty much abandoned.
>
> another attempt is cellwriter
>> http://risujin.org/cellwriter
> which at least is in debian -- i totally forgot about this until now, have
> to try it come weekend.
>
> both are not really like graffiti, which best part was the standardized
> shapes instead of complex learning and recognizing algorithm for every
> single hand.

There is also the one in Qtextended which is not far to be really usable.
Though default shapes have to be edited (some are about the same for
different characters, especially bettween some letters and numbers,
like 9 and g maybe -do not remember-)

But it would need to be ported to be used outside of Qtopia...
Now that Qt is moving to LGPL, this might be an option ?