How do mobile developers make decisions? Collaborate in this Carnegie Mellon investigation!

albertolia ing.lia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 19:18:57 CET 2009

Hi folks, thanks for your attention!
We need YOUR support to leverage our research results! Since Open Source
Platforms, like yours, are going to drive mobile market and may soften
fragmentation issues, we're truly interested in learning YOUR OPINION.
To start now the survey and get the chance to win a PRIZE click here:
http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=1108623 START NOW!
Below a short description of our project:

We're doing a research project on the mobile ecosystem
in the Mobility Research Center at Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley.
Our main goal in our current study is to understand the decision-making
process followed by mobile applications developers/start-ups.
We are particularly interested in how they decide upon platform(s), device
(s),
carrier(s), and market, as well as the relative importance of technology
and business factors.

Our research process includes a formal survey, a series of interviews, and a
public wiki.
So we would like you to complete our SURVEY at
http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=1108623
We think that it will take about 10-15 minutes to complete the survey
and will close by the beginning of February.
You can WIN A PRIZE and RECEIVE A FREE SUMMARY REPORT of our activity.

We will make the results public on our wiki, as well as through
public presentations.
It would be great if you could pass along this message and this link to
other mobile folks and perhaps to post it on your blogs, twitter...
We want to follow up with some people in more detail. If you would
have about 30 minutes for an informal interview, please let us know.
We've just started a wiki on this topic and encourage you
to visit, contribute, and let others know about it.
It's at http://mobiledevelopers.pbwiki.com/

Thanks for your help, and best wishes for the holidays and for 2009.