Is there an echo-free distro?

Andy Kilner gnublade at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 15 23:43:20 CET 2009

http://n2.nabble.com/QTextended-4.4.1-tp1298701p1299157.html

Playing with alsamixer during a call and reducing the mono playback
volume made the echo go away apparently (although reduce it too far
and my voice went away with it).

You have to replace the state file as above for future calls to set
the volume as the settings are clobbered as soon as you hang up/pick
up.