[All] To build a better music player

Tobias Diedrich ranma+openmoko at tdiedrich.de
Fri Jan 16 08:16:50 CET 2009

Dylan Reilly wrote:
> Audio Player
> ------------
> When I started my quest, there was no music player that met my needs.
> The two that were close were pythm and mokoko. Mokoko has more
> potential, I believe. However, it has (had?) issues resuming from a
> suspend (crucial for me). That seems to imply an issue with gstreamer
> - which it utilizes for playback - and that is something I do not want
> to bother fixing. So, for the short term I turned to pythm and began
> hacking away at it. The following is a list of changes I made to the
> 0.5.1 version:

If the sound does not restart playing on resume, it's likely an
issue with the ALSA output driver of gstreamer.
MPlayer and Pulseaudio had problems with that in the past, but were
fixed.
If it's that, you just have to fix the error handling so that if ALSA
returns -ESTRPIPE you call snd_pcm_resume();
(Maybe check for snd_pcm_state() == SND_PCM_STATE_SUSPENDED first)

HTH,

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de
このメールは十割再利用されたビットで作られています。